Hi, I'm Lindsay
A writer, entrepreneur, and incorrigible dreamer in the pursuit of a creative, inspired life. This blog is a documentation of my journey where I share everything from dealing with creative struggles to building a business around my dreams, one day at a time.
"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living." - Anaïs Nin
I began writing fiction and experimenting with photography around the age of 9. Once I discovered these creative outlets, I felt something open up inside of me. I haven’t stopped since.
As a tween/teen, I started creating fansites as another creative outlet, which was my first taste of building and managing something. It sparked my love for business (and eventually, evolved into blogging and social media). My first foray into entrepreneurship was freelance photography and a few years later, I began writing content and managing social media for other businesses.
My true passion lies in telling stories. Writing is my main squeeze, both fiction and non-fiction, but I also love telling stories through photography, film, and social media. The latter is just as much of a creative medium as any other. Anything that challenges my imagination, gives me the opportunity to express myself, and helps me connect with others, I’m here for.
Stories (and all types of art) are great escapes from reality when you need one, but I’ve always thought that they’re even better at getting more from reality ─ feeling more, experiencing more, sharing more. Nothing lights me up more than engaging in something I’m passionate about or watching someone else create something from a place of pure, unbridled passion.
"I'm only living by Parisian bywords - looking for that ounce of excitement. That whisper of a thrill that there is no sense living your life without." - Meet Joe Black
For a while, I wasn’t sure how my passions could translate into a career that suited me. As a young adult, there wasn’t a clear way to combine them all – writing, photography, filmmaking, blogging, social media – into my own business. They all seemed to operate separately and required gatekeepers (publishing companies, movie studios) or a client-based structure. None of the options lit me up. None of them felt like me, only pieces of me. Picturing myself going down any of the traditional, well-trodden paths left me with an empty, restless feeling.
The amazing thing is that the internet evolved in a way that eventually illuminated a path that joined all of my seemingly disjointed interests into a clear, legitimate career. Things like blogging, social media, Kindle Direct Publishing, streaming services, and digital products finally facilitate a vision for my business that lights a fire in me. One that is flexible, multi-passionate, and reliant only on my own will and drive.
I can’t even begin to express how grateful I am to live in this golden era for artists and entrepreneurs.
- I am crazy fascinated by astronomy. One of my favorite podcasts is StarTalk.
- My favorite book is Alice In Wonderland because it was the first story that made me realize the true magnitude of the imagination. To this day, it still inspires me.
- I’m an old soul. I love old movies, jazz and classical music, real conversation, and appreciating the details.
- One of my favorite things to do is grab a Starbucks and wander through Target. I find it so relaxing.
- My favorite time of day is twilight. There’s something in the air and I love sunsets.
- One of the moments I relate to most in any piece of fiction is from Doctor Who, episode 3.10 – Sally: I love old things. They make me sad. Kathy: What’s good about sad? Sally: It’s happy for deep people.